Abortion - patient experience
If you are interested in reading other women’s experience of their abortion the ‘My Body My Life’ campaign has a large number of stories to read:
We are currently looking for stories from women who have had an abortion at Peterborough City Hospital and Hinchingbrooke Hospital, to include on the website and in our leaflets. We know from questionnaires completed recently that other women about to go through or who have had an abortion at PCH would like to be able to read other’s stories for guidance and support. Knowing that you are not alone in your decision, and in your emotions is a big relief for many women, and if you think your story could help other women who are in the same situation as you, then please send it to us.
All stories will be kept anonymous, and all names will be changed. Possible things you could include would be:
- Why you had an abortion
- How you came to your decision
- What emotions you experienced before, during and after the abortion
- Why you chose your particular treatment
- Your experience of the treatment
- Your experience of the recovery after your abortion (including physical symptoms and emotions)
- Any helpful advice you have for someone going through an abortion
We will read through the stories, and if we feel they would be helpful for other women, then we will publish it on the website and in the leaflets (all anonymously).
Please write your story down, and bring this directly to us in EGU. If you have any questions you want to ask before you do this, please ring us or ask.